How do I use Gmail SMTP server to send emails for SRM?
Authorize access to your Google account
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Go to Security > Less secure app access. Click Turn on access.
Set up Gmail SMTP server
- Sign in to your SRM and go to Control Panel > Notification > Email.
- Tick the Enable email notifications checkbox.
- Change Service Provider from Gmail to Custom SMTP server.
- To connect to Gmail SMTP Server, please fill in the required fields according to the details below:
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com.
- SMTP Port: 587
- Authentication required: Tick the checkbox.
- Username: Enter your Gmail address.
- Password: Enter your Google account password. If you have enabled two-step verification (a.k.a., two-factor authentication) for your Google account, refer to this article to generate an application password.
- Security connection (SSL/TLS) is required: Tick the checkbox.
- Sender name: Enter a desired name.
- Sender email: Enter your Gmail address. Please note that if the Sender email differs from the Username above, your emails may be marked as spam.
- Click Apply to let SRM log in to your Google account.
- You can click Send a test email to check if your settings are correct.